Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
The Mission of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is to enable higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India in identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between society and an inclusive academic system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors in responding to the development needs of rural India.
1)To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education and institutional capacity and training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
2) To re-emphasize the need for fieldwork, stake-holder interactions and design for societal objectives as the basis of higher education.
3) To stress on rigorous reporting and useful outputs as central to developing new professions.
4) To provide rural India and regional agencies with access to the professional resources of the institutes of higher education, especially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science, engineering and technology, and management.
5) To improve development outcomes as a consequence of this research. To develop new professions and new processes to sustain and absorb the outcomes of the research.
6) To foster a new dialogue within the larger community on science, society and the environment and to develop a sense of dignity and collective destiny.
How To Participate ?
You are welcome to participate in the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan in any of the following capacity as per your present status, competence and interest:
1) As a prospective Mentoring Institute
2) As a Participating Institute
3) As a Subject Expert
4) As a Voluntary Organization
5) As a Developmental Agency
6) As a Philanthropist or a CSR Promoter
8) As NSS Member
9) As an Enthusiastic Volunteer
UBA Cell of IIT Palakkad
IIT Palakkad has joined UBA in 2018 as a participating Institute. It become the Regional Co-ordinating Institute of north Kerala districts in 2019. IIT Palakkad has started working on science awareness and reachability by organizing science lecture series for common people names “Pale blue dot public lecture series”. Along with education, it is also working on renewable energy, water management, waste management, and agriculture.